28 June 2010

As good as it gets.

I emailed the arusha bikers mailing list that I would ride a slow short ride on Sunday. Those who said they were coming woke up with a headache Sunday morning. I gather there was a ladies thing somewhere.

My buddy Bent and his son Dishon joined Nashesha, Dina, and I. We went straight up the mountain. Dishon has just finished first grade and did really well. Nashesha rode his bike some so he could rest on the tandem. We didn't make the forest as planned but as you can see the end result was smiles. On the way down Dishon learned how to descend steep hills.

Bent recently came back from Denmark with a big box of jerseys from a club that changed sponsors. He had some for our junior "team" . Nashesha wore her first bike jersey and looked stunning.

In the middle of the ride she was riding ahead of me. Her hair was billowing out of the helmet and the jersey looking good, and she was working up a hill. I thought " that is about as good as it gets for a parent." To make it sweeter, she reminded me she needs bike shoes and that she asked permission to come with me on the wednesday club ride.

It doesn't end there, as after the ride she wanted to wear the jersey to a birthday party (until I pointed out it smelled of sweat).

sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure if I'm more proud of Nashesha's adventursome spirit or your great parenting. Byrna

    ReplyDelete