09 October 2010

Along Arusha National Park

Thomas Holden and I met at 630 and rode the 25km to Usa River to meet up with John Corse. John led us straight up the slopes of Mnt. Meru to the forest. We followed the edge of Arusha National park easterly. We stopped in the first part of the forest and while thomas and John were digging in their packs for snacks I foraged on the thimble berries. Yum.

I found my camera battery was dead so no pictures. We crossed the Momella road and then rode in a nice forest on the edge of the park all the way to Sakila. I had no idea it would be so nice. Then we rode down the mountain slope a bit in the farms and then contoured back to his house.

We had some bananas and water and fixed Thomas's tyre and rode home. It was 5 /2 hours riding time for me and 96km.

No comments:

Post a Comment