22 February 2012

Casablanca?



Looks like something out of a movie like Casablanca. This is my mother and two oldest siblings waiting for someone at the Dar Airport around 1950. I think it is a cool picture.

I am enjoying a short visit from my oldest sibling Alan, and he had the picture in his bag. Last night we started talking about what he remembered living here until he was 8. He had a pet baby hyhena for a few weeks until my parents got scared what it would grow into.

then we looked at the expenses journal that my parents kept from 1948 until 1970. I guess they stopped when they finished the house mortgage.


2 comments:

  1. When I first saw the picture of your mother and Alan in his safari hat I also thought it was out of Casablanca! It is a little scratch but still a treasure. Your brother was a cute kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually got the casablanca from you via Alan.

    ReplyDelete